Barbados Family Planning Association
Email: Mrs. Juliette Bynoe-Sutherland
This small grant shall provide support to the Grantee to strengthen the policy and legislative capacity and participation of staff/volunteers and key population (SWs, MSM, and PLHIV) peers in political and legislative advocacy with the Barbados Family Planning Association (BFPA) and key partners.
- Applied rapid assessment and political mapping training for BFPA staff and volunteers.
- Communications training for BFPA staff and key population actors to improve their media advocacy skills.
- Participate in a regional training to build capacity to strategically address key issues affecting key populations (i.e. violence against CSWs, and increasing access to sexual and reproductive health services).
- Collaborate University of the West Indies – Faculty of Rights Advocacy Project to build capacity to conduct research on human rights violations against key populations.
Commencement of small grant activities were delayed due to the late disbursement of funds. First tranche of US$21,657.50 was received 19 days after signing of the LCI Project Small Grant Agreement.
- Applied rapid assessment and political mapping training for BFPA staff and volunteers was conducted in March 2017.
- A Media Engagement Training for BFPA staff and key population actors to improve their media advocacy skills was conducted on the 23rd February 2017 (see Media Engagement Training Report)
Due to delays, the MOU was signed after the regional training was conducted. As such, BFPA sought approval to utilise the training funds to