Micro-Grants Technical Officer
- The Micro-Grants Technical Officer coordinates the pre-award planning, organization, preparation, and the post-award administration of various micro-grants provided through the Global Fund
- Interacts with CSOs and administrative staff to ensure that funds are being spent in compliance with approved agreements, CVC policies and guidelines and funding agency requirements
- Provides guidance and support to CBOs in the management of donor resources and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and process grant applications
- Manage mini-grant activities and ensure that awards are implemented in accordance with contracts terms including procurement procedures and/or relevant donor stipulated donor guidelines
- Manage administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period.
- Communicate the rules and regulations for grants and the responsibilities associated
- Supervise the process of planning and guiding the implementation of the sub-awardees work plans and providing financial and technical support to grantees
- Review reports received and provide capacity development support to grantees as necessary
- Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets, ensuring they meet a high standard of effectiveness, timeliness and completeness
- Maintain a basic grant-making manual and communicate appropriately with staff and grantees concerning policies, procedures and updates
- Ensure adequate reporting and effective information sharing, to communicate activities, progress reports, data and other relevant information to key stakeholders and donors
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of grants funded by CVC and submit them to the Finance Manager
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including grantee files, include application, awards, grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed
- Development of the capacity of implementing CSOs in financial management
The position is based in Jamaica. CVC is unable to support relocation costs.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter describing his/her academic and relevant professional experience, a resume and at least two (2) references. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of all applications is THURSDAY, 10th DECEMBER 2020.
NO PHONE CALLS will be ACCEPTED.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.