Decisions from Third Meeting of the PANCAP Advisory Group on Resource MobilisationGroup convened meeting on 11 - 12 July, 2017 at CARICOM Secretariat
The Third Meeting of the PANCAP Advisory Group on Resource Mobilisation was held from 11 – 12 July 2017 at the CARICOM Secretariat, Georgetown Guyana. In attendance were Mr Dereck Springer, Director of PANCAP, Dr Edward Greene, Advisor, UNAIDS, Mr Desmond John, Director, Resource Mobilisation and Technical Assistance (RMTA), CARICOM Secretariat, Ms Carol Ayoung, Representative, Pan Caribbean Business Coalition (PCBC), Ms Lisa Tarantino, Southern & Eastern Caribbean Regional Programme Manager, Health Finance & Governance Project and Dr Eduard Beck, Senior Advisor Strategic Information and Policy, UNAIDS.
The following are the key decisions and next steps identified by the working group:
1. The group decided that there should be a revision of the 2014 Resource Mobilisation Strategy to align with current financial realities.
2. Members agreed to develop an operating plan for the resource mobilisation strategy.
3. The group also agreed to pursue activities proposed by the Twenty-Fifth Executive Board that are still relevant.
4. A decision was made to commence actively engaging with the private sector to leverage both financial and technical support for HIV and AIDS in the Caribbean.
5. The group also agreed to seek a meeting with private sector leaders at the Regional Private Sector Meeting.
6. The meeting concluded with a consensus on creating a framework for deeper collaboration on common interests and understanding with the private sector.
Stay updated on this and other PANCAP events and meetings on the ‘Events’ page. Click here to view now.