LIVE UP: The Caribbean Media Alliance
#3 Valley View
Frere Pilgrim, Christ Church
This small grant is providing support to the Grantee to promote alliances and the strategic use of media tools and channels in delivering key populations (KPs) advocacy messages.
- Stigma reduction and media advocacy trainings to KPs and media workers.
- Develop a KPs Forum to facilitate discussions on stigma and discrimination and the importance of psychosocial support for KPs.
- Develop and broadcast key advocacy messages as determined by KPs and media partners.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing, advocacy, strategic planning, and support of KP initiatives.
Commencement of small grant activities were delayed due to the late disbursement of funds. First tranche of US$39,300 was received 30 days after signing of the LCI Project Small Grant Agreement.
- Stigma reduction and media advocacy trainings were conducted on July 2017 (see Stigma Reduction Workshop).
- LIVE UP workshop for Key Population advocates and Media practitioners – July 6, 2017.
- Training on the design and production of Advocacy Messages was conducted July 27 – 28, 2017.
- The KPs Forum to facilitate discussions on stigma and discrimination and the importance of psychosocial support for KPs is currently being developed (see update in Stigma Reduction Workshop).
- Key advocacy messages are currently being framed with input from KPs and media partners (see KPs draft messages).
- Knowledge sharing is currently on-going through initiatives such as the stigma reduction training and subsequent discussions with KP and media workers. Advocacy, strategic planning, and support of KP initiatives will be accomplished through the implementation the KP Forum, broadcasting of advocacy messages.