Second Special Meeting of National AIDS Programme Managers and Key Partners (Virtual)
Virtual (Details in event summary)
PANCAP will convene a virtual three-day meeting of National AIDS Programme (NAP) Managers, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Key Partners, 2 – 4 June 2021 to discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on national and regional HIV programmes. The meeting will also discuss how countries are coping and adjusting programme delivery during COVID-19 to ensure sustainability.
Stakeholders will also decide how the Partnership and Key partners can support countries in ensuring programme continuity despite disruptions.
The meeting is occurring several weeks after the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) launch of the Global AIDS Strategy 2021–2026, End Inequalities, End AIDS. The strategy focuses on inequalities and closing the gaps hindering progress to end AIDS. It sets out new targets and policies to be reached by 2025.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the continuity of care for HIV at the National and Regional levels and how the National and Regional Response can be sustained in the COVID-19 era and beyond.
- Discuss the Caribbean achievements with respect to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 Targets and examine critical gaps that must be addressed for the Region to end AIDS by 2030.
- Provide an update on the implementation, challenges and synergies of the PANCAP-CVC-COIN and OECS Global Fund grants and how the Regional public goods being developed under these grants can support sustainability efforts in the Region.
- Explore strategies for strengthening strategic information for health and HIV and support reporting on the CRSF.
- Receive updates from partners on programmes and activities.
- Revisit the new Call to Action from Third Latin America and Caribbean Forum held in 2017 that focused on strengthening the sustainability of the Region’s HIV response.
- Understanding the challenges to the regional AIDS response due to the ongoing pandemic and strategies implemented to mitigate the impact and support sustainability efforts.
- Identification of strategies and measures that will support countries to work towards achieving the 2030 end AIDS Targets.
- Understanding the implementation of the regional Global Fund grants in the COVID-19 era -challenges, best practices, and mitigation strategies and how the grants support sustainability efforts in the Region.
- Build awareness around strengthening strategic information for health and HIV, focusing on Key Population and strengthening reporting on the CRSF.
- Increased awareness of the work of Key Partners in the Region in the Regional HIV response.
- Increased understanding of sustainability challenges in the context of existing economic realities in countries, especially the COVID-19 challenges and a renewed call to action to strengthen sustainability efforts.