Strategy One: Improving Legal and Policy Framework
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 17:22
- Published on Wednesday, 07 March 2012 14:29
- Hits: 1318
Some Caribbean countries support the universal access to HIV services in principle. Nevertheless many do not have approved national guidelines nor has created the necessary policies or programs to ensure universal access.
The project will actively participate and facilitate the process of developing a policy framework for HIV treatment and care at the national level.
- Strategic partnerships: Facilitate linkages between Health sector plans and national strategic plans and establish partnerships with agencies such as IOM and UWI/HEU.
- The project supports the countries in the systematic review of packaging evidence for policy formulation.
- The policy reforms are addressed by PANCAP’s policy unit and taken on by the National AIDS Programs (NAP’s) of the Ministries of Health.
- The implementation strategy includes practical examples and case-studies.
- Standardized Monitoring and Evaluation tools track the implementation and identify potential challenges in the selected countries.