- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 18:29
- Published on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 18:29
- Hits: 1248
Today the Global Fund reports 2015 year-end Results that show great progress in supporting programs that aim to end HIV, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Global Fund grants have supported:
• Antiretroviral treatment for 8.6 million people living with HIV, a 17 percent increase since the same time in 2014;
• Detection and treatment of 15 million tuberculosis cases, an annual increase of 21 percent;
• The purchase and distribution of 600 million mosquito nets, an annual increase of 35 percent.
For highlights of the Results, see the Global Fund website.
For a Factsheet that further outlines and explains the results, see the attached document.